INTRO

Hold onto your hats, it's going to be a bumpy ride! Thank you for stopping by and joining me for a while. I've recently been juggling (as all mums do) more balls than I am comfy with, and just when I felt like a professional juggler - BAM!! I get hit with this - BREAST CANCER!! I'm hoping that writing this blog will serve as some sort of therapy for me, to get me through this 'rough patch' ahead.... if it's interesting, entertaining, thought provoking or helpful to anyone else out there then that's an added bonus. If you like what you read, please visit again or click the "join" button below, and feel free to spread the word.

Thursday 6 September 2012

Sorry for the silence

This is just a quick post to say I am still here, I will blog again but I've been rather preoccupied with holidays, spending time with the kids and as of Monday gone, attending radiotherapy sessions every day.
After finishing chemo I felt absolutely drained.  Pre cancer I had been in a permanent state of tiredness ever since having my first child, but now thanks to 6 doses of chemo I know what true fatigue feels like, and it's a complete pain in the arse.  It doesnt mix well with being a Mum, and having the kids home on school holidays.   Don't get me wrong,I did enjoy the summer with the kids but was also very grateful to family helping me out by having the kids for a day here and there.
Our trip to Majorca was overall very restful and just what my little family needed.  Time to relax with the sun on our backs and time to lick our emotional wounds left by "the last 6 months".  Both my DH and I find it hard to call it what it is, CANCER.   So, the last 6 months has taken its toll on all 4 of us in various ways.  Our sensitive son showed signs of heightened anxiety over visiting new places, on one visit to a restaurant  10 mins up the road from our apartment in a very family friendly resort, he couldn't eat his food and said he just wanted to get back to the apartment where "he felt safe".   I must just say we weren't bound to the room 24/7 though!  He really loved the pool and spent many happy days swimming, snorkelling and dive bombing!
I'll have to stop this post now, otherwise my sleepy brain which just ramble on and write a load of rubbish.  I've had 4 doses of radiotherapy, which leaves 16 to go!  To get through this I've got to be strict with myself and have early nights. So night all, I will write again soon about my treatment and the up side of cancer - free complimentary therapies and a fresh start.

4 comments:

  1. Was about to say to you you haven't blogged for a while. Nice update - looking foward to the next post. Its nearly, nearly all finished xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a few posts lined up to do, but finding time when my brain isn't fuzzy with tiredness is proving tricky! X

      Delete
  2. Good riddance to the last six months. Onwards and upwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Thanks for commenting, it means a lot. X

      Delete