INTRO

Hold onto your hats, it's going to be a bumpy ride! Thank you for stopping by and joining me for a while. I've recently been juggling (as all mums do) more balls than I am comfy with, and just when I felt like a professional juggler - BAM!! I get hit with this - BREAST CANCER!! I'm hoping that writing this blog will serve as some sort of therapy for me, to get me through this 'rough patch' ahead.... if it's interesting, entertaining, thought provoking or helpful to anyone else out there then that's an added bonus. If you like what you read, please visit again or click the "join" button below, and feel free to spread the word.

Thursday 14 February 2013

Dear Donna

Dear Donna

The school is in mourning, some parents and pupils are shocked to hear of your passing, some are sad yet relieved as we know you can now rest and be at peace.   No more fighting it, no more pain and discomfort, no more frustration or fear.   Not for you.   You put up a good fight and have been such an amazing positive inspiration to us all.   You taught my son in his first 2 years of infant school, he was still a baby really and you took him under your wing, nurtured and taught him, making sure his school life got off to the best possible start.   I thank you for that.  You not only taught children but you taught adults, how to be better teachers themselves and better people.   When I was diagnosed you gave me a hug and offered your support and understanding.   You had such strength and grace throughout your battle against this wicked disease.   I only wish I could have known you better and for longer.

I'm so sad that cancer did this to you, and can imagine how hard it has been on your nearest and dearest.  But I like to think of you now, in a better place, somewhere out of this world, somewhere with beauty and love all around you.  Where your soul can rest and reflect on what an amazing person you were.  The school will never forget you and all that you did, you will always be in our hearts and minds.

Your cancer journey has made me determined to dig deep and keep fighting, putting my health and fitness first, so your suffering has not been in vain.

Sleep well now Donna, the Angels will take good care of you. xxx

7 comments:

  1. Well done Cath a lovely, lovely letter and how true that Donna an inspirational woman who has touched so many .....the Angels will be taking great care of her now xxx lots of love to you too another brave and inspirational woman x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cath, just sitting here thinking and reading, i thought i would check out your blog, so glad i did, such beautiful and fitting words. Donna would be proud. I wish you all the best for the future, i know donna will be there with us all. Thanks again. Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt thank you so much for taking time to read my post, I'm glad you liked it. Please take good care of yourself. Cath x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had marvelous time reading the story. So inspiring.

    ____________________
    http://www.oacvirginia.com/

    ReplyDelete